There are certain situations in which the practice will want to place an order for the client. Maybe your client is not tech-savvy or just wants to pay now. Or perhaps you'd like to provide an extra level of customer service. Whatever the reason, you now have an easy way to check the client out right at the front desk.
To start, navigate to the relevant client and patient using the Search Bar at the top of the page.
Once you select the patient, you will see the patient's prescription history. If the item you need is not active on this list, you can add a new prescription using the "Add Product" button.
From there, search for the product and complete the prescription. If you set Client Notification to "None", this will turn off the email that alerts them to act on the prescription.
Once you have authorized the prescription, you will see it listed at the top of the patient's Rx History. Click the button that says "Order" to the right of the item you'd like to buy.
Staff users will be taken to the storefront to complete the client's order. Admin users will be given the option to order at:
- Client Retail Cost: This will bring you to the storefront to "impersonate" the client. Here, you can complete the transaction at your set retail cost. Information about the order will appear in their records as usual.
- Practice Cost: This function, available only to system admins, allows you to purchase the item at cost. You can then charge the client for the product using your Practice Management System. The pack sheet the client receives will not include any pricing information and the order will not appear in their account history.
NOTE: If you are taken directly to the storefront when you click "Order," you are not set up as a system administrator. Please continue using the Client Retail process below or contact your administrator for additional access.
Choosing "Client Retail" will open a new window taking you to the storefront to complete your order. This is called "Assisted Service Mode" and allows you to impersonate the client. You will know you are in Assisted Service Mode when you see the blue bar across the top of the screen.
In the upper right corner, you will see your client's name with a red alert bubble next to it. Select this field to bring down more options for their account. The prescription you have just approved will be found under "Vet Recommendations"
Under "Vet Recommendations," you will see a list of all active prescriptions and prior orders. Find the item(s) you are looking to order and click "Order" to go to the product page.
The dosage will be locked and it will default to the quantity prescribed. Select "Add to Cart."
Once you have added everything you need to the cart, click "Checkout" to complete the transaction. You will need to confirm the shipping address and add your client's credit card information if it has not previously been saved.
You will be directed to a confirmation page once complete. The invoice and shipping details will be emailed to your client at the email address provided.
Choosing "#Practice Cost" will lead you to a checkout flow where you can complete the product sale. Within this flow, you can:
- See details on Practice Cost and Client Retail (what the product costs on the storefront)
- Choose where to ship the product
- Save practice credit card information for use at a later date
Since the transaction is taking place within the practice, the client is eligible for any mail-in rebates you have in-house. Remember to let your client know about currently available deals!