NOTE: If you are looking for the new and improved version of this feature, please see SmartScribe Conflict Detection.
If a “Warn Vet Validation” box appears, action must be taken on this. This box appears for 1 of 3 reasons:
- The species of the pet does not match the species approved for the product
- The weight of the pet does not match the weight approved for the product
- Something typed in the directions does not match what is approved for the product.
In this example: Heartgard® Cat Chewables 0-5 pounds is being prescribed for a 50 pound dog, and the directions to client say that it is for ticks. 3 errors appear:
- The first warning indicates that your prescription is for a dog, but the product is labeled for a cat.
- The second warning indicates that your prescription is for a 50# pet, but the product is labeled for pets 0.1 to 5 pounds.
- The last warning shows what you typed for directions, then shows what word conflicts with the product label, in this case, ticks.
This box is designed to help eliminate errors in prescribing. We know there are cases where products are being used off-label, or you have to combine products for larger weight pets. These warnings can be overwritten by checking the box indicating that you have verified the information, and adding information that will prevent our pharmacists from stopping the prescription.